Thursday, June 14, 2012

Argh! / (and 燕)

Aaaaarrrrggggh! Just wanted to say that. For so many reasons.

One of the main ones being my great sadness at running into this again, when I least expected it, and not being able to really do anything about it, though I so much wish that I could. People can change, and you can help them change, but this time it is so much and so entrenched it just seems hopeless. If I thought I could do it for her, I would. She has so much else going for her, and I know deep down this only masks her unhappiness, and even emptiness, and I wouldn't wish either of those things on anybody. But for her life to be truly happy for a change, she would have to understand what was keeping her from happiness, be brave enough to admit it to herself, and open up her heart and her mind to receive help and to consider new possibilities. The "Bonds That Make Us Free" book would be a good start, but I think it would take more than that. Just so sad, for me and especially for her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

My best wishes for your future happiness. Truly.

No comments: